Councilman Manny Cid is a 24 year resident of Miami Lakes. The Only Candidate raised in our Town since he was 8 years old. Manny’s cherished memories as a child growing up in Miami Lakes, and now as a homeowner, business owner, husband and parent of two children being raised here have made preserving our Town very much a personal priority.
Manny was elected to the Miami Lakes Town Council in 2012, two of those year’s he served as Vice-Mayor (Youngest Vice-Mayor in Town history).
Manny Cid got his start in public service as a Senior Legislative Aide to two State Representatives. During his seven years as a Sr. Legislative Aide in the Florida House of Representatives, he successfully worked on important pieces of legislation -such as the “Carbon Monoxide Safety Law” and a bill which helped Florida International University recruit new Medical School Faculty. Additionally, while in the State Capitol, he worked on various appropriations for Miami Lakes residents including funds for the Town of Miami Lakes Bull Run Roadway and Drainage Improvement project.
Manny’s volunteerism extends to the youth of our community. He served on the Town of Miami Lakes Youth Activities Task Force and Economic Development Committee. He also served as a youth Baseball coach at Miami Lakes Optimist Park as well as Rec. league Soccer coach with Miami Lakes United Soccer at Royal Oaks Park. He is also a Member of the Educational Excellence School Advisory Council for Bob Graham Educational Center since 2014. He is also Chairman of the Mother of Our Redeemer Catholic School Board.
Manny Cid serves on the board of Mami Dora Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides food, clothing, education, medical and dental care for the poverty-stricken children. Manny served on the Miami Lakes Villa Vizcaya Board Association. He is also the Co-Founder and former President of the Hialeah-Miami Lakes Republican Club.
Councilman Cid is a leader of Good Government and his experience speaks volumes which is evident by the numerous State and National committees he has been appointed to. Councilman Cid is the First councilman in our Town to have been the Recipient of the Florida League of Cities Home Rule Hero Award in 2015 and again in 2016.
- He served and Chaired the Florida League of Cities Growth Management & Economic Development Committee from 2012-2014.
- Manny Cid was appointed by FLC President Mayor Lori Mosely (City of Miramar) to Chair the Florida League of Cities Growth Management & Economic Development Committee in 2014 .
- Miami Dade League of Cities Budget Committee 2014
- Florida League of Cities Advocacy Committee 2013- present
- Miami Dade League of Cities Legislative Committee 2014- present
- 2015 Florida League of Cities – Resolutions Committee
- 2016 Member, National League of Cities Finance, Administration and Intergovernmental Relations Committee
- Graduate of the Elected Municipal Officials (IEMO) I & II. FLC & John Scott Dailey Florida Institute of Government
- Recipient of the Florida League of Cities 2015 Home Rule Hero Award
- Recipient of the Florida League of Cities 2016 Home Rule Hero Award
Manny is an associate at Horizon Properties of Miami, Inc. and Vice-President of Always At Your Side Adult Day Care, Inc., located on the east side of Miami Lakes.
Councilman Manny Cid's Successfully Sponsored Initiatives
- Live webcasting of Town Council meetings – Residents can watch Town Council and Planning & Zoning meetings live from the comfort of their homes. You can also watch previously recorded meetings. Manny Cid sponsored this historical initiative to bring transparency and accessibility to all residents of Miami Lakes. A Campaign promise from 2012 that was delivered.
- Performance Based Budgeting – transformed the Towns budgeting process to include performance measures which analyzed funding for individuals programs with the expected program results.
- Miami Lakes Sports Hall of Fame – Funded by private donations, the Sports Hall of Fame Will be viewable at the new Optimist Park Club house.
- Tequesta Indian Artifacts display (Madden’s Hammock) – Manny traveled to the University of Florida’s Museum of Natural History and brought back Tequesta and Seminole artifacts which are now on display in Town Hall and available for residents to read about and enjoy.
- E-Library Pilot Program – provided e-readers to seniors which allowed them to check out MDPLS books remotely.
- Pre-recorded video public comments during municipal meetings – Residents are now able to submit their public comments remotely. Gradually the plan is to allow live remote public comments. This Initiative Sponsored by Manny makes Miami Lakes the 1st City in Florida to accept & allow video public comments.
- Elimination of Alarm Registration Fees – eliminated yearly registration fees. Residents now don’t have to pay punitive fees to register on a yearly basis
- Online Lost and Found Pets Portal – Dozens of residents have used this portal to be reunited with their lost pets.
- Complete Streets Integration into 2015 Miami Lakes Strategic Plan – This initiative has changed the way our public works department plans future roadway improvements by revolving around pedestrians and bicyclist.
Manny Cid Successfully Advocated for:
- Reserve Officer Program
- Town of Miami Lakes School Crossing Guard Initiative
- Royal Oaks Park Playground Shade Canopy – transformed the playground at Royal Oaks Park. Now more and more families are able to enjoy the parks amenities.
- Sunday On-Demand Bus Service – The program was added at no extra cost to taxpayers due to restructuring of the current contracts.
- Work with County Commissioner Steve Bovo to secure funding for Miami Lakes Senior Programs.
- Worked to find funding for the Economic Development Committee first trade show at the International Conference of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Restarting the 15 year Black Olive Tree Removal Program
- Future Boat/RV storage yard